Summer Camp Programs
Explore this Area
From mid-June through late-August, we focus on fun with an exciting range of team-building, adventure, and nature camps for youth 8 – 18 years old. Registration is available through the Freedom Aquatic & Fitness Center.
For Camp Directors
The EDGE offers field trip programming that can enhance the camp experience for both your campers and staff. Located at Mason’s Prince William Campus, The EDGE Challenge Course features high elements such as a 50 foot Alpine Tower, Total Team Challenge and Pamper Pole, as well as 25 low elements that keep participants close to the ground. The course is located adjacent to the Piedmont Trail, a 1.2 meandering walking/running trail shaded by acres of a hardwood forest.
Our programs can be tailored to your needs and customized to meet a variety of physical ability levels. Our program designers and facilitators can adapt the activities to offer high challenge and adventure for participants, as well as create more moderate challenge levels to appeal to all age groups and physical abilities.
Our programs, with the exception of Natural Discovery are available to individuals 10 years old and above. Length is 4 or 6 hours with ½ hour added on for a sack lunch. Each program maximizes use of the Challenge Course and the opportunity to be outdoors. “Portable” indoor programming is incorporated into the day should inclement weather occur.
- TRADITIONAL DAY CAMPERS find a day at The EDGE to be filled with fun, adventure and a way to bond with other campers and meet new friends.
- SPORTS CAMP PROGRAMS are designed around our WinningEDGE program, created to help foster a championship mentality that can positively affect overall team performance. Activities focus on team bonding, dealing with adversity, developing leadership/followership, and establishing a shared vision.
- LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES focus on helping youth learn to present vision, establish goals, motivate those around them, and make key decisions. Participants experience how all team roles and functions must sync together for effective decision making and achievement.
- ADVENTURE CAMPERS will experience climbing our 50 foot Alpine Tower, riding on our Giant Swing, or trying to figure out the way to the top of our Pamper Pole. Our activities take participants away from their everyday setting and into an environment of unknown outcomes and surprising results.
- NATURAL DISCOVERY PARTICIPANTS, 8 through 11 years, will feel at home on Mason’s 10 acres of green space with a trail system winding through forest and wetland. Youth find wildlife, take on challenges, spot birds, learn about nature, how to walk silently in the woods and get their hands dirty.
- PROGRAMS FOR CAMP STAFF allow for a full day focused on the building blocks you have chosen to develop the team who will represent your camps . . . OR . . . maximize your time away with ½ day of EDGE programming followed by remaining onsite to continue work on your summer camp agenda.
The EDGE follows the philosophy of ‘Challenge by Choice’ in all of our programming. Don’t hesitate. Contact us now at email@example.com or 703-993-4313 to get your camp on The EDGE! Spring and Summer program dates fill quickly.